Monday, September 28, 2015

Grimdark Magazine #5

I just got myself on the review copy list of Grimdark Magazine and issue #5 just hit my inbox this evening. I've read the first four issues and been adequately pleased. While I think there's a lot of marketing hype behind the term grimdark, I do think much of the best sword & sorcery being written at present comes out under that description. The last issue had a great essay by John Fultz making same basic argument that essentially grimdark=swords & sorcery.

I'm planning on reviewing it along with the usual monthly suspects and some stories from back issues of Fantasy Scroll. Probably in the second week of October. 

The point being, Grimdark Issue 5 has hit the digital bookshelves. At $2.99 you really, really can't go wrong. Now if only the next issue of Heroic Fantasy Quarterly would hurry up and get here already.


No comments:

Post a Comment

.