Saturday, December 21, 2019

A Major Announcement About a New Anthology: The Lost Empire of Sol


Almost three years ago, I was invited to pick up the editing chores of this soon-to-be-released collection of original, linked Sword & Planet adventures from a whole bunch of cool people - some I knew, some I didn't. The stories had been written and just needed to be edited and published. I agreed to takeover the editing with others doing the publishing. I started with a bang, but then my life and others' intruded and the hard work the authors had done got derailed - for two and a half years. 

Derailed, that is, until Jason and Rogue Blades stepped in. With his mighty organizing skills, the project got put back on the tracks and is now roaring towards you in the next month or so. I won't single out any of the authors because I love all the stories - and I'm saying this as someone who has read them all at least half a dozen times a piece and still loves them. They're all different but they're all the same; in their love of Burroughsian-Brackettian-type action and adventure. I'd love if everyone I knew pre-ordered a copy, not because I helped getting it done, but because I think it's a great big blast of action and adventure.

I'll let Jason Waltz give you all the details it because he says it better than I could:



2 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to this! If this is the book I think it is, I read a couple of these stories after the first attempt at publishing this anthology fell through some years ago and a couple were published by the authors independently. I am glad I can finally read all the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to what you think. It's a total blast and I'm so happy Jason picked up the reins and wrangled it into life

    ReplyDelete

.