Saturday, August 1, 2015

Eagle Ascending: Enter the Americans

So, I'm already about to break one of the few guidelines I set for myself when I started this undertaking: I'm going to write about America. I'll still leave out the US Civil War; from an American perspective, it's just too big and singular event to include here. But there's no way the Mexican War, the various Indian wars, the Spanish American War, and the numerous incursions into the Caribbean and Central America before the Great War, can be separated from the great wave of Western imperial expansion of the long 19th century. And I already own a great batch of books on these various wars and expeditions, so I got that going for me. I do need to get something good about Pershing in Mexico, though.

The Storming of Chapultepec - Sept. 1847





Rough Rider Charge at Battle of San Juan Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment

.